Longing for a glass of something icy cold this summer? Or maybe a scoop of ice cream? Have both in one glass with this unusual treat — vanilla-flavored milk with chocolate "ice cubes" that slowly melt and swirl into the milk.
- 200ml milk
- 50 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 70g dark chocolate (66%)
- 600ml milk
- 60g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
For chocolate ice
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the milk and water in a saucepan, add sugar, cocoa and instant coffee and mix thoroughly to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate, let it melt 5 minutes then mix gently with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Cool and pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
For milk vanilla
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan, add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Slit the vanilla pod in the center, scrape the seeds and put them in the pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat.
- Let cool, then refrigerate several hours or preferably overnight.
- To serve, place the chocolate ice in glasses (depending on the size of the glasses 3-4 ice cubes) and pour over the milk cold vanilla.
Recipe from sandrakavital.blogspot.com